Thursday, July 15, 2010

mellow yellow

I am dead tired, swam laps at the pool today for the first time in centuries and I'm definitely going to pay for it tomorrow morning. I wish I was better about exercising- I know it's good for me and I always feel so much better when I do, and yet I can't ever seem to muster the motivation. My comfy bed and a Harry Potter book just sound so much more appealing! But, I need to kick my ass into gear.

Since I didn't get to take pictures today, I want to share some yellow with you! It's such a great color and very summery. To me it connotes cheerfulness, warmth, laughter, friendship, & of course, summer! Mmm I would love an ice cold glass of lemonade right about now.

Here are some pretty yellow things!

100lc_RW_KristinaAlan.5

This is from one of my favorite blogs, 100layercake. I love the centerpieces especially, I think they're made from the centers of flowers which is a fun twist on normal wedding decor. So, 100 Layer Cake is a blog about weddings and it's intended for brides-to-be/at least people who are engaged. But, I just love the joy of newlyweds and all the party planning of it and seeing how people make the big day their own. If my boyfriend boy heavy on the friend? boy that is not a friend but not a boyfriend ..if HE knew I read wedding blogs, he would probably be running in the other direction as fast as possible haha. But, I can't help it, the photos are always so magical.

bluedress1 bluedress21
Emily of Cupcakes&Cashmere, isn't she gorgeous? Check out her blog here!

14597-1
I just got an email today from ModCloth advertising this dress and I want it so badly. After reading Idee Geniale's post, decided that I would really love a shift dress or something not as fitted in the waist.

il_fullxfull.146713013
And I saw this on Etsy today. I think this is the most ingenious, cute idea. If I owned a house, I would definitely buy these.

Happy almost Friday!

Listening to (of course):
Mellow Yellow- Donovan x]

7 comments:

libys11 said...

aaahhh what a great way to start my day!! yay for yellow! :D

Animated Confessions

arnique said...

I have loved yellow since I saw Asian and extremely clever Yellow Ranger from the Power Rangers US TV series. Wedding blogs are a great source of inspiration though I don't plan on ever getting married. My choice? Ruffled.com. :D

As for Keds (I'm glad we share the love), I wear them sockless or with the socks made specially for ballet flats (they are PHP 30 in Greenhills in Manila). When I'm feeling like a 50s girl, I wear them with printed ankle socks. :D Frankly, I think anything goes with Keds!

A from A + B in the Sea

A from A + B in the Sea

Aubrey said...

ohhh my gosh that couch is so cute!!! and it matches my bedspread!

Robyn said...

Great post! I was already in love with that modcloth dress, and it's good to know it caught someone else's eye too. As for the bathtub seats, those are genius.

Miss Woody said...

thanks so much dear!
love the yellow dress !

Christy said...

Yellow is such an interesting colour because it's so stunning but it also can be quite difficult to wear. That mod cloth dress is lovely.

Also that's cool that you enjoy wedding blogs. I agree that wedding photos are really happy.

yay for reading Harry potter in the summer :)

Christy of Dress Rehearsal

Lindsay said...

Reminds me of Holly Golightly's couch in Breakfast at Tiffany's.