Saturday, February 25, 2012
1. Logging lots of hours in the studio.
2. A hop, skip & a jump to Greensboro to visit a friend from OH who I met while abroad.
3. Strange bipolar weather- we had snow & 68 degree weather within the past two weeks!
4. Handmade watercolor postcards & a sock bun.
5. Hanging out with my rooms (this is our third year living together!)- senior night event at the art gallery & Saturday morning pancakes. Delicious! Do you like the plate? I painted it at the Mud Hut. Do you have those? I know there are a bunch of places like it with different names.
Hope all's well with you. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
PS. All of these were taken with Instagram. You can follow me @amel1ajane
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Weird hands day? Also, I'm sorry the light is a little different from picture to picture.
It's bugging me a little bit. The sun was going down right when I was taking these,
and you only get that brief window of time. But when you do- it's one of my favorites,
that and early morning light just when things are starting to come alive again.
Sweater & wool shorts: J. Crew
Boots: Steve Madden
PS. These were taken Tuesday when it was in the 50s and today it almost hit 70.
Spring, you're crazy.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(sources: starting from the top & moving from left to right)
Thinking about starting a new recurring piece, color crush- I guess this one is pretty self-explanatory. Recently I've been loving soft, romantic colors which transition easily from winter to spring.
What I wouldn't do for a ripe, sweet peach right now! In the summer we have a tradition of making homemade ice cream (and it's usually peach! the best kind in my humble opinion)- we used to have the old fashioned hand churned bucket but unfortunately that broke a number of years back, so now we have the electric one. I don't miss the sore arm muscles, but then again there is something special about doing it all yourself. Don't you think?
Sorry for the silence on my end. I promise to be back soon with an outfit post. Hope you all have been keeping well! Did anyone else get snow yesterday?