Monday, August 2, 2010

boot-y call!

So, I am officially on a quest for the perfect autumnal boots! I have been miring over this decision for weeks. I am so indecisive & I'm hoping thatyou all can help! Please let me know what you think, that would be grand. :)

Ok so ideally I'd like them to be: a) tall enough that I can tuck jeans into b) versatile enough that I could wear them with a nice dress or shorts & tights c) durable- physically and trend-wise, classic?


The contestants are...!
1. Wanted Prague Lace-up Boots, Delia's
Pros: I'm a big fan of brown boots, least expensive!
Cons: Could be a little taller?, fairly casual

2. Jeffrey Campbell, Everybody boots

Pros: I think the black makes them dressier and I can imagine wearing them with these wool shorts I just bought from J. Crew. Love the style
Cons: I read reviews that material looks sort of cheap and that the sole falls off. Bad news bears! This might be a deal breaker, but I still love you gorgeous boots!


2. Jeffrey Campbell Flander Boots

Pros: look more durable, made of canvas so no animal killing, yay! like the over-all look
Cons: don't have as much potential to dress up


3. J. Crew Walker Riding Boots

Pros: Love the classic style with vintage twists, very versatile
Cons: Most expensive! and too tall?

Thanks for your help! Love you forever. :] I need to solve this dilemma soon because I leave in 3-ish weeks! Can you believe that?! I can't. Hope you had a lovely Monday (well as lovely as Mondays can be). I promise to have an outfit post either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Oh and PS. Remember that song/dance called Booty Call from middle school days. hahaha we thought we were so cool and scandalous. Middle school was the most awkward period in my life thus far, I don't think I would go back if I was paid. What about you?

4 comments:

Christy said...

Middle school age is def kind of unfortunate. I think it's just awkward because you're so in-between.

But about boots: I think my vote is with the first pair. I can imagine them under a dress or with jeans.

The last pair is also lovely. I"m just not sure how ok I am with how high they are.

This winter I am facing a similar quest but I need mine to be able to last through Quebec winter.

Good luck on your hunt!
Christy of Dress Rehearsal

Marie said...

I'm also a bog fan of brown boots! The first ones are great!

Marie
http://so-simple-blog.blogspot.com

Arianne said...

I've never owned a pair of boots but now I want the last one! NEED BOOTS NOW. :D

A from A + B in the Sea

Robyn said...

The JC everybody boots are my pic, although all of them are perfect for the fall.