Tuesday, July 27, 2010

breath deep

IMG_3540

The week is off to a rough start, been a little blue. But, I'm just trying to stay busy with things I like to do- made my daddyo dinner tonight and am planning on baking a 4 berry pie tomorrow! Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries & raspberries. I'm more than excited about eating this pie. PLUS I bought Vanilla Bean ice cream to go with it- an absolute must have. YAYYA

Anywho, this is one of my all time favorite pieces of clothing. It was a birthday gift from one of my very best friends and it's so 'me'- she knows me well. Do you have an item of clothing that you feel just reflects you? I don't even know if this makes sense haha but I feel the dress was made for me. I love that it incorporates a mixture of prints, fabrics and structures. The bodice is really structured/fitted and the zipper toughens it up a bit which creates the perfect balance for the super feminine, flowy bottom. (side note: is flowy not actually a word?, my life is a lie)

IMG_3546

IMG_3564

IMG_3581

IMG_3593
Um, I kind of look like a huge creeper in this picture, sorry abut that. But, it's the only one where you can see my earrings. I better picture of them is pending!

IMG_3602
Me trying to tackle my dog/coerce her into being a picture with me. I'm telling you, she is photo-shy- it's the most bizarre thing.

I really love this socks with shoes trend, I'm not sure I really got it quite right here, but I'll keep trying! Lusting after many, many pairs of shoes. What's your number one must-have for fall this year?

Oh and I forgot to mention the title of this entry comes from a song by The Ditty Bops called Wake Up
Here's the ending section of the lyrics where the title comes from. I like to think of them as calming little reminders when things aren't going smoothly.

Breath deep
Speak out
Make up your mind
Be brave
Follow your dreams
Listen to your heart
Close your eyes to make a wish.

Wishing you a calm, enjoyable week!

Dress: Kimchi Blue, birthday gift
Blue flower/silver earrings: Inherited, mom's
Socks: cut from tights, inspired by you, Robyn! :]
Shoes: eBay

4 comments:

Christy said...

I love your dress. You're right. It is a lovely mixture of structures and patterns.

Very pretty pictures.

Christy of Dress Rehearsal

Bea said...

I love dog photos. That little barn house is so perfect looking. I kind of want to live in it!

B from A plus B

amanda lynn? said...

that dress is quite lovely. and i love the shoe and sock combination. you look adorable!

and i do the same thing when i feel a little under the whether. I made homemade salsa and guacamole for my family. Homemade pies and ice cream do sound a lot better though. i LOVE pie it's a horrible addiction and they are the only sweets a truly can't resist. hehe.

and it's nice to hear im not the only panda obsessed person who isn't a child. some of my friend's tease me a bit too for my little childish antics but now I can say I'm not the only one! hehe =]

MartaPalczewska said...

Lovely photos! I like yours outfit ♥

XX <3
http://waronclothes.blogspot.com/