Friday, July 22, 2011

heat wave

082b

Holy guacamole, any East coasters out there? This is absurdity, it is so hot out there. I was melting after literally 5 minutes. Apparently MD is the hottest state in the US right now. I believe it.

So I threw on something light because honestly you want to be wearing as little clothing as possible right now. I love this dress and have worn it at least once on the blog before. I bought it from an outdoor market type thing in Terragona, a little island off the East coast of Barcelona. We went on a weekend trip and it was lovely. I miss Spain so much, I'm itching to go back. Anyway before I get on a nostalgic tangent- the dress is a nice lightweight cotton, perfect for summer!

062b

071b

With the heat, you pretty much have to wear your hair up and I just came across this post about wearing scarves and had to try it out! I really like how it looks and it's super easy.

088b

107b

Hope you all are staying cool. I'll be indoors taking the GRE tomorrow eeek- wish me luck!

115b

xo,
A.

Scarf: Chinatown, San Fran
Dress: Terragona,
          see how I wore it this past autumn here
Shoes: BC Footwear
Belt: Mom's

7 comments:

April said...

Love the outfit! You look great and those shoes are amazing! I cant wait for the weather to cool down though ;)

XO

Morgan Jordan said...

Hi hi! Thanks for following me. I love your dress - it's so perfect for the terrible heat. and can't believe MD is any hotter than TN.... man it's scorching down here!

www.stylocrat.blogspot.com

:)

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Your dress is oh-so gorgeous! I love love love the darling cut out detail!

x
Lost in the Haze

Unknown said...

I love wearing light litle cotton dresses, and this one is adorable :)
Great pictures, and i love the scarf idea!

Lidiya said...

This outfit is so gorgeous and summery, I simply adore your dress :)
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You look great :) White dresses are so perfect for summer; I really must get one. Oh, and I love your sandals!

Anonymous said...

your outfit has summer written all over it! have you tried weaving the scarf into a braid?
thanks for sharing(: good luck on your test!!